- Do you want to do work that really matters? Help us end avoidable blindness.
- Full time, Fixed term 12-month maternity leave contract, based in Sydney.
- Flexible work from home arrangements available!
ABOUT THE FRED HOLLOWS FOUNDATION
The Foundation is an international development organisation working to prevent blindness and restore sight. We continue to carry on the legacy of Professor Fred Hollows, who believed every person had the right to quality eye care, no matter where they live. The Foundation has grown to work in more than 25 countries throughout Africa, South Asia, Southeast Asia, the Middle East and the Pacific, as well as Australia. The Foundation has restored sight to more than 3 million people worldwide. We have an ambitious five-year strategic plan that aims to take us even closer to realising our vision of a world in which no person is needlessly blind or vision impaired and Indigenous Australians exercise their right to sight and good health.
The Foundation is also proud to announce that we were awarded the Employer of Choice Award (Public Sector and NFP) at the 2022 Australian HR Awards.
You are an experienced strategy manager, looking to make a real impact in a global NGO. This is a key role focused on aligning the Public Affairs Strategy with the Organisational Strategy. You have excellent communications and interpersonal skills, are known for building strong working relationships across global teams, and engaging effectively with a variety of internal stakeholders. You have experience streamlining global processes, and the ability to diagnose and solve problems effectively. You have strong commercial acumen, work ethic and attention to detail. Finally, you are a strategic thinker with a flexible, resilient and adaptable work style able to pivot to changing needs.
The Head of Strategy and Implementation leads the development and implementation of PA strategy, projects and initiatives, working closely with Executive Director of Public Affairs and the leadership of PA, to provide project management and operational oversight across the division, and ensure integration across other FHF divisions.
- Strategy development and integration: Lead strategy development and planning process for PA and build strategic financial plan to be integrated. Maintain PA’s strategic plan and key initiatives portfolio, including periodic review and reporting with PA leaders. Coordinate integration of PA strategy and initiatives with organisational planning process and strategy development and work closely with other divisions to develop shared KPIs and progress towards organisational targets.
- Project reporting and management: Lead development of tools and processes to track commitments and targets and centralise divisional reporting for strategic projects. Lead major business management projects for PA and provide coordination point/interface for cross divisional projects and working groups.
- Operational oversight and coordination: Provide oversight and coordination with Business Operations to ensure divisional operational requirements are well supported. Lead and coordinate PA response and input to FHF policy development and changes. Support development and implementation of governance strategy of FHF entities.
- Culture and Innovation: Motivate building of team culture and leadership across the division. Sponsor innovation initiatives, including Innovation Lab.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED
- Significant experience in strategic planning, project management and preparation of multi-function budgets and reporting
- Strong experience implementing and continuously improving operational functions to deliver improved business outcomes.
- Strong experience, initiative, and resourcefulness to identify and solve issues proactively.
- Experience working in an International NGO.
- Strong experience and understanding of product and funding development cycles.
- Experience working with a database or CRM.
- Good understanding of governance, risk, and compliance.
HOW WE RECOGNISE YOUR CONTRIBUTION
Through our internal programs and employee benefits we aim to create an environment where you will feel supported and empowered. Whether your focus is on continuous learning, professional development or finding an environment which enables you to thrive while balancing family or personal commitments, we have a range of programs in place to support you. Including:
- Generous salary packaging – we provide access to not-for-profit salary packaging options, which will increase your take home pay, we also offer 17.5% annual leave loading
- Flexible work environment – we focus on output, not hours and enable you to prioritise your health and wellbeing
- Generous leave allowances – we offer Paid parental leave; 5 days bonus leave every year; an annual Foundation-wide “Me Day”; and time off for culturally significant/ceremonial leave
- Ongoing commitment to your continuous learning and career development – through tailored leadership and professional development programs, access to Linkedin Learning and focused development conversations.
Please apply directly via the “Apply” Button. Should you have any questions regarding the opportunity please reach out to our Talent Acquisition Specialist, at [email protected] for a confidential conversation. Kindly note that CVs will not be considered through this email address.
Closing Date: Sunday the 30th of April 2023
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this position.
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to protecting the rights of children and community partners in all areas where we work. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child safe environment. The Foundation is also committed to protecting the health of our beneficiaries, donors and partners and require incumbents of this role to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (except where medical conditions may make vaccination harmful to their health).
Please note: We will not be accepting CV’s via agencies for this role.