About Caritas Australia
At Caritas Australia, we have a vision to end poverty, promote justice and uphold dignity for all. We partner with the most vulnerable communities to help them build better outcomes by improving access to sustainable livelihoods, clean water, sanitation and education.
Why work for Caritas Australia?
- Opportunity to join a truly diverse and essential organisation that makes a real difference in the lives of the most marginalised people in the regions we support.
- Advance your career within the international AID & Development sector with a focus on professional development and on the job learning opportunities.
- Hybrid working arrangements, to support your work/life balance.
- Access to free on-site gym and other health & wellbeing benefits.
- Competitive salary with annual performance reviews.
- Not-for-Profit salary packaging offered – reducing the tax you pay and increasing your take-home pay.
What does the role involve?
As the Humanitarian Emergencies Lead, you will be responsible for managing large scale humanitarian emergencies and protracted crisis programs. This includes providing technical advice and capacity strengthening for Caritas Australia and country partners. Other key responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Ensuring a whole of sector approach to humanitarian response by maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders.
- Providing technical advice and expertise to Caritas Australia staff and deployable personnel to ensure an effective and compliant response.
- The ongoing review of policies, practices and guidelines to ensure alignment with national and international humanitarian standards, whilst also allowing for a timely and efficient response to meet humanitarian needs of communities.
- Leading organisational learning processes, scenario planning and disaster mitigation strategies to help mentor and build capacity in Caritas Australia staff and country partners.
This role will be based in our Mascot office and will work a hybrid model, including two days in the office per week.
Who are we looking for?
For this role, we are seeking an interpersonal and pro-active individual, with a mix of the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in international development, disaster risk management or other relevant discipline (or equivalent)
- Demonstrated experience in international humanitarian or development field, ideally within the Pacific with a focus on Disaster Risk Reduction, Resilience Programming or Refugee community programming.
- Proven ability to broker complex multi-stakeholder arrangements across a range of geographic and socio-economic context.
- Proven experience in project management and administration of large complex programs.
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically on a regular basis, often on short notice.
For any further questions or enquiries, please contact the recruitment team at [email protected] or call (02) 8488 8419. Otherwise, please submit you cover letter and CV through the relevant links.
Our commitment to safeguarding – Caritas Australia recognises the personal dignity and rights of all people, especially children and vulnerable adults. As part of your employment, you will be required to undergo relevant background checks (Police Checks, Working with Children Checks, Reference Checks), abide by our safeguarding policies, and sign our Code of Conduct including Professional Behaviour Standards for the Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults.
Our commitment to diversity – Caritas Australia encourages and supports an inclusive and diverse workforce. We consider applications regardless of race, sex, gender, age and disability. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, members of minority groups, non-binary people, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Our commitment to safety and wellbeing – Depending on your role, Caritas Australia may require you to undertake health checks or receive vaccinations to ensure your safety and wellbeing at work.