Role: International Programs Coordinator
Location: North Ryde based – flexible working conditions
Role: Permanent, Full or Part-time, 4-5 days/week
This is an opportunity for you to apply your expertise in community development to identify, build and maintain partnerships with local Christian organisations around the world that achieve mutually agreed transformation objectives. We will rely on you to support and develop the capability of our local partners to ensure that together we deliver overseas programs with sustainable impacts.
Alongside your relevant tertiary qualification, you will have at least 3 years international and/or community development experience. You are a driven, self-motivated, results orientated individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You have solid project management experience and cross-cultural knowledge/understanding, Experience specifically, or an understanding, of the Pacific and working with church-based organisations would be highly beneficial.
You will oversee all aspects of the annual program management cycle, including design appraisal, funding negotiations, monitoring project implementation, financial reporting, providing quality assurance, risk controls, and undertaking evaluations. With a commitment to quality, you will ensure that compliance and other specific grant requirements are maintained effectively throughout.
As the key relationship liaison, you will develop partnership strategies and contribute towards organisational development and strengthening of local Christian partners in accordance with TAI’s commitment to locally led development. You will also use your analytical skills to develop country strategies, pursue innovation, identify opportunities for new projects, and contribute towards our continuous improvement and learning.
As an active member of the International Programs team, you will be expected to share your expertise with peers, maintain collaborative relationships with other teams, as well as with relevant sector networks and alliances.
• Relevant tertiary qualification: ideally postgraduate degree in International Development or related disciplines.
• Community development project management and organisational development experience minimum 3 years
• An understanding of compliance issues and requirements for ACFID Code of Conduct, Australian Aid programs and other sectoral standards.
• Excellent organisational skills, including ability to plan, organise, prioritise and implement workflow to meet positional objectives, work independently and be proactive.
• Experience in reviewing and proof-reading documents and preparing technical documentation.
• Experience in cross-cultural communication.
• Willingness to travel overseas up to 45 days per year.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft applications, including, Word, Excel, CRM.
• Strong commitment to Transform Aid International/Baptist World Aid’s mission, vision and core values and theology of development; ablity to participate in prayer and biblical refelction sessions.
• High standard of written and spoken English.
Ideally, you will have:
• Experience working with or in the Pacific region, and/or solid understanding of the Pacific context.
• Experience working with Australian Government grants, including ANCP and AHP.
• Familiarity with Baptist bodies, conventions, and Baptist distinctiveness.
• Experience working with Churches in overseas aid and development programs.
• Experience working on overseas development programs, disaster response and coordination.
• Technical/grant writing skills.
• Experience in the Church/Not-for-Profit/Charity sector.