– Work with a team dedicated to supporting women around the globe to save lives, defeat poverty and achieve social justice
– Flexible working environment, based in Melbourne or Canberra
– Permanent, part time position
– CARE Australia (CA) works to defeat global poverty by supporting women to create lasting change in their communities around the world
About the Role / Team
CA’s Fundraising & Marketing (F&M) Department is collectively responsible for ensuring the organisation maintains a visible, engaging presence in the community, and our profile is leveraged to garner financial and other support from the Australian public.
The Product Development & Marketing Program helps achieve this through the strategic use of our content and brand in campaigns, digital marketing, traditional and social media, public relations, events, partnerships and engagement both online and offline. The team is responsible for managing the CA brand, ensuring a consistency in voice and ongoing relevancy with identified audiences. The team works on a variety of advocacy, lead-generation, fundraising, and public engagement campaigns to build a clear point of distinction in Australia and ensure the continued success of CARE Australia through increased profile of and funds raised for our poverty-fighting and lifesaving programs.
At all times, the team works to ensure we represent the people who participate in our development projects with dignity.
This role sits within the Fundraising and Marketing team.
All CARE staff demonstrate a commitment to the prevention of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse and the protection of children in their work. All CA team members have a shared responsibility to immediately report any safeguarding concerns or incidents.
– Support the Senior Manager, Brand & Marketing to develop marketing campaign activities that leverage, manage and promote CARE’s brand.
– Assist in the planning, delivery and evaluation of marketing campaign activities, including ongoing development of an annual project plan.
– Assist Senior Manager Brand & Marketing to develop companion marketing plans for appeals and fundraising programs.
– Work collaboratively as part of a Product Development & Marketing team alongside digital team, designers and external suppliers to deliver high quality, high impact ideas and content across all aspects of campaign branding, acquisition, content and communication strategies.
– Support the Senior Manager Brand & Marketing to develop CARE’s ambassadors and online influencers program, and manage ongoing engagement and content support with CARE influencers and ambassadors.
– Support the Donor Relations team to deliver high quality and engaging communication materials.
– Proactively identify and develop commercial marketing and partnership opportunities to leverage CARE’s brand and drive income growth.
– Provide Media Manager and Senior Manager Brand & Marketing with day to day media and PR support.
Fundraising & Marketing staff ensure that all content collection, storage and management complies with the CI Safeguarding Policy and CARE Australia Child Safeguarding Policy. In particular, ensure that all people who have their personal or other information collected have been comprehensively supported through an informed consent process. This includes comprehensive information about the intended use of content, local contextual risks, the right to withdraw consent, and that this occurs with language support if needed and in age appropriate language.
Ideally you will have:
– Tertiary qualifications in marketing or relevant field or commensurate experience in coordinating marketing programs and activities for minimum of three years
– Good project management skills and experience, ability to successfully manage multiple tasks at any given point
– Experience in developing social media and/or PR campaigns, and influencer marketing strategies
– Well-developed negotiation and stakeholder management skills and experience in negotiating directly with internal and external customers
– Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
– Committed to Prevention of Sexual Harassment, Exploitation and Abuse
What we can offer you:
– A flexible and supportive working environment
– Generous salary packaging benefits (up to $15,899 tax free)
– 17.5% leave loading
– Professional development and training opportunities
CARE Australia will seek information from job applicants’ previous employers about incidents of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment, and/or child abuse the applicant may have been found guilty to have committed or about which an investigation was in the process of being carried out at the time of the termination of the applicant’s employment with that employer. By submitting the application, the job applicant confirms that s/he has no objection to CARE Australia requesting the information specified above.
CARE Australia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from people living with a disability and/or have lived experience of disability. We also encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to Apply?
Please review the Candidate Information Pack available on our website and complete the online application form by clicking ‘Apply Now’ via the portal on our website. Please ensure you attach your CV and cover letter addressing the selection criteria (max 2 pages). After submitting your application you will receive an automatic confirmation of receipt. Only applicants who fully address the criteria will be considered.
This will be conducted as a rolling recruitment process, with shortlisting and interviews being completed as applications are received. Please submit your application ASAP if you are interested in the role. More information can be found at careaustralia.connxcareers.com/Job/ViewJobs
Questions about the role?
Please contact Caitlin Bunker ([email protected]) using the subject line “Marketing & Campaigns Coordinator Enquiry”. Please do not email applications to this address.
Applications close: 11:59pm AEST, Monday 22nd May 2023.