• Do you want to do work that really matters? Help us end avoidable blindness
• Full time, Permanent Role based in Sydney or Melbourne (Flexible work from home arrangements available)
• Closing Date: Sunday the 29th of January 2023
ABOUT THE FRED HOLLOWS FOUNDATION
The Foundation is an international development organisation working to prevent blindness and restore sight. This year marks The Foundation’s 30th anniversary of carrying on the legacy of Professor Fred Hollows, who believed every person had the right to quality eye care, no matter where they live. The Foundation has grown to work in more than 25 countries throughout Africa, South Asia, Southeast Asia, the Middle East and the Pacific, as well as Australia. The Foundation has restored sight to more than 3 million people worldwide. We have an ambitious five-year strategic plan that aims to take us even closer to realising our vision of a world in which no person is needlessly blind or vision impaired and Indigenous Australians exercise their right to sight and good health.
The Foundation is also proud to announce that we were awarded the Employer of Choice Award (Public Sector and NFP) at the 2022 Australian HR Awards.
You will be an experienced Data Analyst with technical skills in Monitoring and Evaluation framework design and implementation. You will have strong data literacy and statistical analysis skills, including high working knowledge of Excel and Power-BI. Your technical skills with be coupled with a people focused approach, you will enjoy advising and guiding country teams and possess strong communication skills. You will also have a good understanding of cross-cultural challenges and be able to work in a truly global role.
The M&E Data Analyst is accountable for conducting routine programmatic data analysis to inform both organisational and project level Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting and Learning (MERL) related decision making. This position will focus on enhancing the quality and impact of our projects through the provision of technical support to country and global program staff in data quality assurance and in the analysis and use of program data. The M&E Data Analyst will lead the implementation of The Foundation’s impact and performance measurement framework and contribute to supporting project teams to apply the organisation’s MERL Framework to inform program quality and improvement.
• Ensure that global and country level projects routinely collect and analyse robust quantitative and qualitative data for project improvement.
• Work collaboratively to implement and continuously improve The Foundation’s data collection and analysis systems, process and tools (in collaboration with the Senior Economist and Reporting & Data Management Lead).
• Support the use of digital technology to facilitate data collection and analysis
MERL Processes and Systems
• Provide MERL technical guidance and capacity building to project teams to conduct collection, analysis, reporting and utilisation of data for the implementation of country and global projects, and country strategies.
• Contribute to strategic MERL initiatives, including organisation level thematic reviews and learning synthesis.
• Conduct relevant field travel to assess and support implementation of The Foundation’s MERL framework and related policies.
Partner Capacity Development
• Support country teams in the development and roll-out of initiatives to strengthen implementing partners’ engagement in Routine Data Quality Assurance.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED
• Experience with data management systems and data utilisation, preferably in a health sector context
• Designing and using monitoring and evaluation frameworks, with a strong focus on data analysis and data management.
• Experience in project design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, preferably in an international development context.
• Experience working in a developing country context and across cultures.
• Experience designing, commissioning and/or conducting project or program evaluation.
• Experience in evaluation capacity building, including training and workshop facilitation.
• Understanding of international development and development effectiveness
HOW WE RECOGNISE YOUR CONTRIBUTION
Through our internal programs and employee benefits we aim to create an environment where you will feel supported and empowered. Whether your focus is on continuous learning, professional development or finding an environment which enables you to thrive while balancing family or personal commitments, we have a range of programs in place to support you. Including:
• Generous salary packaging – we provide access to not-for-profit salary packaging options, which will increase your take home pay, we also offer 17.5% annual leave loading
• Flexible work environment – we focus on output, not hours and enable you to prioritise your health and wellbeing
• Generous leave allowances – we offer Paid parental leave; 5 days bonus leave every year; an annual Foundation-wide “Me Day”; and time off for culturally significant/ceremonial leave
• Ongoing commitment to your continuous learning and career development – through tailored leadership and professional development programs, access to Linkedin Learning and focused development conversations.
To find out more about our benefits click here
Please apply directly via the “Apply” Button. Should you have any questions regarding the opportunity please reach out to our Talent Acquisition Specialist, at [email protected] for a confidential conversation. Kindly note that CVs will not be considered through this email address.
Closing Date: Sunday the 29th of January 2023
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this position.
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to protecting the rights of children and community partners in all areas where we work. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child safe environment. The Foundation is also committed to protecting the health of our beneficiaries, donors and partners and require incumbents of this role to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (except where medical conditions may make vaccination harmful to their health).
Please note: We will not be accepting CV’s via agencies for this role.