Partner Education and Policy Officer
(Part-Time, 3 days a week. Location: Hybrid -Rhodes, NSW)
● Do you have a strong interest in supporting overseas development partners?
● Do you seek to use your education background in a mission-oriented organisation?
● Do you possess policy development and compliance experience?
About Global Mission Partners
Global Mission Partners is a holistic Christian mission and development organisation, committed to transformative partnerships, internationally and with Indigenous Australians. Global Mission Partnerships is affiliated with the Churches of Christ in Australia and is fully accredited by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT). It currently has programs in 12 countries across South Asia, Africa and the Pacific region.
About the Role
We are seeking a suitable candidate for the position of Partner Education and Policy Officer within our Partnerships Team to ensure we build and develop the capabilities of our overseas partners and meet our compliance requirements. This position requires a positive team player with a background in education or training, good cross-cultural skills and experience in developing policies and compliance reports.
This role will report to the International Partnerships Manager and work from both our Sydney office in Rhodes, NSW and from home.
Objectives of the Position:
1. To support the capacity building of GMP’s Partners
2. To support appropriate compliance with GMP’s International Development Obligations.
3. To ensure effective review, audit and socialisation of GMP policies.
1. Support the capacity building of GMP’s Partners
• Regular and effective communication with partners, including a monthly eNewsletter on a development topic
• Effective and creative administration, logistics and content creation for partner training events and projects.
• Appropriate assistance to partners with policy development.
• Suitable plan to build the capacity of ICP partners developed in cooperation with the ICP Director.
2. Support appropriate compliance with GMP’s International Development Obligations.
• Timely awareness of the program team regarding the progress of projects and the compliance of partners and of GMP.
• Provision of relevant advice to the program team regarding assigned cross-cutting issues, for example, Child Protection, PSEAH, and Disability Inclusion.
• Relevant support to partners in understanding and implementing safeguarding issues.
• Timely administration of website updates and content management for programs.
• Positive feedback from ACFID regarding with ACFID Code of Conduct.
• Timely administrative support of the COCOA project cycle.
3. Ensure effective review, audit and socialisation of GMP policies.
• Timely review, audit and socialisation of the master set of GMP policy documents, and coordinate.
4. Contribute to Quality Improvement:
• Quality reflected in the carrying out of all responsibilities.
• Commitment to continuous improvement.
• Work in accordance with GMP policies and procedures.
• Contribute to and implement improvements to work processes in a manner that is consistent with organisational policy and procedures
5. Operate as part of a team:
• Promote and contribute to a collaborative and positive team environment, including active participation in team meetings.
• Work cooperatively with program and other GMP staff.
• Work cooperatively with staff of other agencies including the Church Agency Network, ACFID and DFAT.
• Education/Training or International Development experience or qualifications.
• Considerable cross-cultural communication skills.
• Policy development and compliance management experience.
• Strong Team player.
• Commitment to work according to the Christian mission, vision and values of GMP.
• At the time of application, the successful applicant will already have the legal right to live and work in Australia.
• Knowledge of ACFID Code of Conduct/DFAT development policy (preferable).
How to Apply:
Please apply by responding to the position description requirements (max 2 pages) and
provide a CV (max 2 pages) demonstrating your relevant experience, addressed to the International Partnerships Manager, Colin Scott ([email protected]). CV-only applications will not be considered.
Applications close: Monday, 23/10/2023