Exciting opportunity to join AVI as a Program Accountant on a DFAT funded program!
- Full-time permanent position
- Fitzroy office (or remote) with flexible work arrangements
- Competitive remuneration with salary packaging benefits available
AVI supports the implementation of the Australian Volunteers Program on behalf of the Australian Government (DFAT). Th Australian Volunteers Program is a five-year program with a budget of up to $130 million. It supports skilled Australian volunteers to work alongside organisations to sustainably support capacity development of people, organisations and communities in 25 countries across the Pacific, Asia and Africa.
The Program Accountant role will be responsible for ensuring a high standard of accountability and transparency of the finance function on the Australian Volunteers Program. This includes supporting the Finance Manager with all finance processing activities as well as monthly reporting and annual budgeting/reforecasting. Key to this role is providing advice and support to our overseas teams on finance processing and cash management. The role also manages volunteer allowance payments in Salesforce and supervises three Regional Finance Coordinators and one Assistant Accountant remotely.
This role will suit someone with:
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting or relevant experience in a similar finance or accounting role
- Experience in the analysis, interpretation, evaluation and dissemination of large volumes of financial and other business information to support business decision-making
- Proven ability to apply accounting concepts and principles
- Demonstrated experience processing month and year-end financial transactions
- Relevant experience working in a similar finance or accounting role
- Cross-cultural awareness, including an ability to work with stakeholders from varied cultural backgrounds
- Understanding of contractual and financial management principles
- Advanced Excel skills (Essential)
- Experience with NetSuite is highly desirable or similar ERP
- Salesforce experience would be preferred.
- Understanding of and commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity, child protection and privacy principles.
In return, you will:
- Join a long-standing not-for-profit organisation with a rich history and a team of passionate individuals
- Have the best of both worlds with our inner-city office in the heart of Fitzroy, Melbourne, and flexible work arrangements for remote work if based interstate
- Be offered a competitive remuneration package (including superannuation) with access to a generous salary packaging of up to $15,900/year and $2,650 for meal/entertainment expenses.
- For a full outline of the position and applicant requirements please see the Position Descriptions on the AVI website and submit a cover letter and a current resume
- Application Closing date: 21 July 2023 (this will be conducted as rolling recruitment process with shortlisting and interviews being completed as applications are received. Please submit your application ASAP if you are interested in the role)
AVI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AVI actively encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds, LGBTIQA+ people, people with disability and others who have diverse experiences of our world to apply for this opportunity. AVI will provide reasonable workplace adjustments for applicants with disability.
AVI has a strong commitment to the safety, wellbeing and protection of children and youth. We therefore have robust screening procedures for personnel who are expected to have contact with children in their roles. This will include criminal record check and referee checks.