About the organisation
At CBM Australia, our mission is to end the cycle of poverty and disability. Through our programs, technical advice, and advocacy, we help millions of people transform their lives each year. As Australia’s only international development organisation focused on disability inclusion our work improves the quality of life of people with disabilities living in the poorest countries.
Partnering with local organisations we build and promote an inclusive world in which all people with disabilities enjoy their human rights and achieve their full potential.
About the role
We have a rewarding opportunity for an experienced and passionate Program Coordinator to join CBM Australia in managing international programs – with a focus on the Pacific region.
This is a great opportunity for someone with experience in international development who is looking to make a positive impact in the world. As Program Coordinator you will be joining our International Programs team under the Program Impact department, reporting to the Senior Advisor of Program Development.
You will be responsible for overseeing the development of a Pacific region portfolio of projects that centre on disability inclusion. You will support and coordinate Pacific development and humanitarian programming in liaison with relevant field staff and colleagues. You will contribute to program learning, knowledge sharing and to the strengthening of partner organisations in the region.
To refer to the full Position Description click here.
- You will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience of international development, with Pacific focus highly desired.
- You thrive on research, apply lateral thinking, identify and promote program innovation.
- You have strong writing and presentation skills which can be adapted for varied audiences.
- You are skilled in project design, monitoring and evaluation as well as managing project budgets and finances.
- You have strong skills in relationship management and building of cross-cultural professional relationships.
- You can work within a Christian framework and be sensitive to its various expressions across cultures and denominations.
- You are able to travel extensively in challenging conditions to portfolio countries.
What we offer
- Flexible working arrangements
- Hybrid role with two office days
- 5 additional days of leave
- Salary packaging up to $15,900.
- 8 weeks paid parental leave.
- A work environment and values-driven culture that employees state in their feedback, is one of the most inclusive, caring, and enjoyable that they have ever worked in.
How to apply:
If you meet the above criteria, please apply via SEEK.
We will be receiving and reviewing applications until close of business on the 16th of July 2023, however applications will be considered as soon as they are received.
CBM Australia is committed to workplace equity and diversity and encourages applications from candidates with diverse cultural backgrounds and people with lived experience of disability. Please contact [email protected] for confidential support to ensure an equitable, barrier-free application process. We ensure that any information provided to the contact is private and confidential, will only be used to provide accommodations and will in no way determine the outcome of an application.
CBM Australia is committed to the safety and best interest of all children accessing CBM supported services and programs and workplace. Preferred candidates are advised that they will be required to sign the CBM Child Safeguarding Standard, and we reserve the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures prior to employment being confirmed.