This unique opportunity as a Program Development and Design Manager will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to be a core contributor to the program development objectives of Field Impact, World Vision Australia’s field-facing division. This role helps World Vision Australia achieve scale and sustainable impact by growing its significant portfolio of institutional donor-funded programs.
The Program Development and Design Manager is a senior member of this team, leading the pursuit of prioritised funding opportunities to drive growth in World Vision’s impact, influence and income. This is done through:
- building and maintaining close relationships with country office counterparts,
- actively supporting donor pre-positioning efforts, and
- leading the process of designing high-quality and innovative concepts, program designs, proposals and tender responses.
The most frequent areas of sectoral focus are in alignment with World Vision Australia’s technical strengths in Resilience and Livelihoods – food security and nutrition, economic development, DRR, natural resource management and climate change adaptation, often with cross-cutting themes of gender, disability, governance and peacebuilding.
A typical day requires close collaboration across World Vision Australia technical sector specialist teams and program management, the global World Vision International structure, particularly with country office colleagues, and with external partners, stakeholders, and donors.
Who we’re looking for
As the successful applicant, you will have a breadth of capabilities, including agile ways of working to ensure greater enterprise engagement and collaboration.
In addition to this:
- Grant acquisition and/or management experience
- Experience working in developing country contexts; particularly in Africa, Asia, the Pacific, or fragile/conflict affected contexts
- Demonstrated experience working with country offices and technical sector teams to develop project concepts in line with donor intelligence, contextual analysis, and development best practice and innovation
- Program design or business development experience in multilateral or international organisations, NGOs or international development sections of major engineering/consulting firms
- Partnering with government and multilateral donors
- Postgraduate qualifications, or equivalent experience, in a relevant discipline, e.g. International Development, Economics, Public Health, Evaluation
- Understanding of key challenges in international development, and appreciation of community-led development approaches
- Understanding of the international aid landscape and key donors
Working for World Vision means you are making the world better
It’s not every day that a job comes along that lets you change the world. Working for World Vision means looking forward to turning up at work because you know you’re about to do something meaningful. It means working with 35,000 staff and 3.3 million supporters in 100 countries who will stop at nothing to help children live better lives. Join a team that is bold and courageous, and where job satisfaction goes beyond financial reward.
The selection process
For your information, the interviews may start immediately, and the role may be filled before the closing date.
We embrace diversity, employing people from a variety of cultural and religious backgrounds. We take our Safeguarding responsibilities seriously and we are committed to providing an environment that is safe for children. Our stringent recruitment procedures make sure the safest and most suitable people work with the children in our programs. All successful candidates will undergo all required pre-employment checks which is inclusive of a criminal record check. We provide our staff and volunteers with ongoing supervision, support and training in their work with vulnerable children and their families. World Vision Australia participates in the Inter-Agency Scheme for the Disclosure of Safeguarding-related Misconduct in Recruitment Process within the Humanitarian and Development Sector.
Who we are
World Vision is a Christian organisation that empowers everyday Australians to create meaningful change for children through relief, development and advocacy work.
We offer great benefits such as salary packaging, flexible working arrangements, free on-site parking and an onsite café for our employees.
For more information on World Vision and the work we do, please visit our website: https://www.worldvision.com.au/about-us