We are searching for a Program Manager, Early Childhood Care and Development (ECD) and Education – to manage programs within the ECD and Education portfolio. The role is responsible for meeting grant and donor reporting responsibilities, supporting partners in the delivery of their work, and providing technical advisory support where required. The role will also actively support the Senior Program Manager, ECD and Education in pursuing the income growth of the portfolio with support in writing and developing bids in partnership with Plan colleagues and partners, as required.
Note this role is to be recruited by Plan International Australia (PIA), however it is to be based outside of Australia, closer to the projects and the partners with whom PIA works with. PIA is ideally looking for a candidate based in the Asia-Pacific region who is willing to work remotely and be hosted by a Plan International country office. Australian citizenship is not required for this role.
Who are we?
Plan International is a global not-for-profit, working to change the world so that all children can live happy and healthy lives, and so that girls in all their diversities can take their rightful place as equals.
Put simply, we’re the charity for girls’ equality.
We tackle the root causes of poverty, support communities through crisis, campaign for gender equality, and help governments do what’s right for children and particularly for girls.
We believe a better world is possible. An equal world: a world where all children can live happy and healthy lives, and where girls can take their rightful place as equals. This is the world you will help us create.
At Plan International Australia, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe all different opinions and experiences will enrich our team and represent our beneficiaries and partners across the globe. Our commitment to an inclusive workplace culture means we embrace working with all sectors of the community.
Possibility. Opportunity. Equality. Partnership. Love. Humanity. This is what we stand for.
What is it really like?
An average day as the Program Manager, Early Childhood Care and Development (ECD) and Education team is quite varied – no day will be quite the same, but throughout your time, we will see you performing these duties:
• Lead or support the program management and partnership management of programs
• Ensure that all donor contractual requirements for the projects are met
• Provide direct support to partners which best enables the delivery of agreed outcomes
• Provide administrative and project management support to the Senior Program Manager
• Lead or contribute to the design of holistic and integrated early childhood and basic education projects in partnership with country office partners
• Wherever possible, facilitate and actively support the devolution of decision-making related to project implementation to local country offices or partners, and efforts are actively made to support localisation
• Ensure projects/programs have a strong gender and inclusion lens and are able to operationalize Plan’s commitment to gender aware and transformative programming
• Build and grow technical expertise in the area of ECD and education for the benefit of PlA, Plan International and external partners.
• Support the maintenance of positive existing partnerships with donors and Plan International partners and support proposal development for program extensions and new program phases.
Who are you?
We are looking for someone who is a specialist in the climate change space; someone with a knack for program design & implementation, and the ability to find and maintain long-term partnerships with a range of partners. You will have a deep understanding of what it means to work respectfully alongside local country partners on issues that will impact them most.
The core skills we are looking for are:
• At least 5 years experience in the international development sector, preferably working in ECD and education. Direct experience working in the Pacific region an asset
• Strong report writing, analytical and interpersonal skills and experience writing donor reports
• Significant project cycle management experience, including design through to monitoring and evaluation
• Great partnership skills and a desire to invest in, and maintain positive partnerships which support local leadership and decision-making, and mutual respect and trust
• Proven bid writing skills, and experience developing grant proposals for a range of donors
We make hiring decisions based on your skills, passion and experience – this experience extends outside the workplace, and includes lived experience. Even if you don’t wholly fit the criteria, we still want to hear from you! At PIA we believe in looking for perspectives and abilities that new team members can bring and add to our culture.
Hours, pay and start date
This is a full time, contracted role, although we are open to flexibility on working hours. We are looking for someone to begin the role around August/September, however can be flexible on start time.
Read the full Position Description (PD) on our website: here and see whether you think the role is right for you. If you’re interested, upload your cover letter and resume through to [email protected]. Include in your cover letter how your skills align with the criteria as set out in the PD.
Once we’ve got these, if you advance to the next stage, you will be contacted and invited to an interview.
Please note: When you apply, and if you are comfortable to do share, please know PIA upholds a safe space to share the pronouns you use and is also prepared to make any reasonable accommodations or adjustments you may need throughout both the recruitment process as well as the course of your employment.
Apply before Tuesday 11th July!
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as a child-safe organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. As part of the screening process, candidates will be required to complete a satisfactory National police Check, sign our Safeguarding Children and Young People policy and code of conduct, and where necessary complete a Working with Children Check.
Join Plan International Australia and help create justice for children and equality for girls.