- Work with a team dedicated to supporting women around the globe to save lives, defeat poverty and achieve social justice
- Flexible working environment, based in Melbourne or Canberra
- Fixed term, full time (6 months)
CARE Australia works to defeat global poverty by supporting women to create lasting change in their communities around the world.
About the Role
The Program Officer – Systems and Information Management role will support the strengthening of systems and processes which support the delivery of impactful and quality programs. The role will be responsible for strengthening the International Program departments approach to information management in a way that is efficient and effective and supports oversight, planning and decision making across the department.
- Develop brief descriptions for all projects within the CARE Australia portfolio that outlines key impact and operational information
- Liaise with internal stakeholders and colleagues in CARE country offices to review and collate key documentation and evidence for all projects within the CARE Australia portfolio and support with the maintenance of related databases
- Support the development of an efficient information management system that supports CARE staff in easily accessing key programming resources
This is a role that would suit someone that is keen to begin their career within the International Development sector. It will provide an opportunity to gain invaluable experience and insights into how an International Programs department operates within an Australian NGO. Whilst work experience will be viewed favourably the most important selection criteria are for candidates to show evidence of:
- A ‘completer/ finisher’ mindset and attention to detail
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- An obvious desire to work within, and build a career within, the development sector
- A proactive approach to building an understanding of the development sector
- A ‘can do’ attitude, a desire to take the initiative and the ability to solve problems and complete tasks with limited supervision and to deadline
- The ability to build relationships with different people, understand their needs and support them in solving problems
- The ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written forms
- An understanding of the importance of empowering women and girls and a commitment to the protection of children and the prevention of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse
What we can offer you
- A flexible and supportive working environment
- Generous salary packaging benefits
- 17.5% leave loading
- Professional development and training opportunities
CARE Australia will seek information from job applicants’ previous employers about incidents of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment, and/or child abuse the applicant may have been found guilty to have committed or about which an investigation was in the process of being carried out at the time of the termination of the applicant’s employment with that employer. By submitting the application, the job applicant confirms that s/he has no objection to CARE Australia requesting the information specified above.
CARE Australia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from people living with a disability and/or have lived experience of disability. We also encourage Pacific Islander people, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to Apply?
Please review the Candidate Information Pack available on our website and complete the online application form by clicking ‘Apply Now’ via the portal on our website. Please ensure you attach your CV and cover letter addressing the selection criteria (max 2 pages). After submitting your application you will receive an automatic confirmation of receipt. Only applicants who fully address the criteria will be considered.
This will be conducted as a rolling recruitment process, with shortlisting and interviews being completed as applications are received. Please submit your application ASAP if you are interested in the role. More information can be found at careaustralia.connxcareers.com/Job/ViewJobs
Questions about the role?
Please contact Beatrix Neville on [email protected] using the subject line “Program Officer – Systems and Information Management Enquiry”. Please do not email applications to this address.
Applications Close: 11:59 pm (AEDT), Friday 6th January 2023.