- Exciting opportunity to join Oxfam Australia’s Program Management team
- 12 months with possibility of extension to 18 months, Part-time, 28 hours per week
- Melbourne based
At Oxfam Australia, we believe all lives are equal and no-one should live in poverty. We are a member of Oxfam International, a global confederation working with partners and local communities in 87 countries.
Would you like to join this global movement of people working together to eliminate the inequalities that keep people in poverty?
We are currently looking for an enthusiast Program Systems Administrator to join Program Management team.
Why you will love working at Oxfam
As part of Program Management team, you will use your skills, qualifications, lived experience and initiative to tackle inequality and flight poverty. Yes, you read that right, lived experience and initiative, because it is not all about key selection criteria.
Research shows that women will only apply for a job if they meet 100% of the selection criteria, while men will apply if they meet an average of 60%. We understand that life teaches us so much, so if you don’t meet all the criteria but just know that you have what it takes, then please apply.
Oxfam Australia uses a range of systems to support effective program management, information management, and file management. The Program Systems Coordinator sits within the Programs Unit and is responsible for administrative functions and/or user support for these various systems, as well as fostering a continuous improvement approach amongst system users. The Program Systems Coordinator is also responsible for extracting and utilising data from these systems to develop reports for internal and external use. This role also supports country offices where Oxfam Australia is Executive Affiliate (including PNG, Vanuatu, Fiji and Vanuatu) in developing and utilising file management, information management and program management systems.
Desired Skills and Experience
A little about you (the key selection criteria)
- Experience in maintaining information and file management systems in international or community development contexts
- Expertise in Salesforce, SharePoint and Box (highly desirable)
- Experience in training delivery and user support and ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders whilst fostering and maintaining relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, both co-located and remote
- Strong project management experience and knowledge of project management techniques and tools
- High levels of computer literacy particularly MS Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint and the ability to master new software programs
We can offer you
- A base salary of $83,753 plus superannuation, superior leave benefits and access to generous non-for-profit salary packaging program (up to $18,450 of your salary tax-free).
- The opportunity to use your talents and expertise to make a positive impact around the world.
- We value flexibility and seek to support our people to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
- Cultural leave
- Superannuation matching
Our culture is shaped by our values, which reinforce what we care about and how we do things, not just what we do. Our five core values of Accountability, Empowerment, Equality, Inclusiveness and Sustainability drive everything we do at Oxfam.
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us. Therefore, our people are required to comply with the One Oxfam Child Safeguarding and Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policies and sign the Oxfam Australia Child Safeguarding and One Oxfam Employee Codes of Conduct.
How to Apply
Complete the online application form, then, as three separate documents, upload:
- a cover letter that tells us how your professional history and lived experience makes you the right candidate.
- your CV.
- your response to the selection criteria outlined in the advertisement.
Applications close on 9 October 2023
Here is the link to the Position Description.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. We care deeply about creating a safe and inclusive workplace where our people feel valued, respected and impowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunities and encourage applicants with personal experience of the forms of injustice we seek to address to apply for opportunities at Oxfam Australia.
Applicants will be required to show proof of their right to work in Australia with the subject to satisfactory clearance of a Police Records Check, and Counter Terrorism and Aid Diversion Check.
We give priority to protecting the health, safety and wellbeing of our people, supporters, and the communities we work with. If successful you may be required to provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination or approved medical contraindication prior to commencing employment with Oxfam Australia.