Come join a team that’s driving climate action on a global scale
World Vision is driving a vision to regenerate 1 billion hectares of degraded land by scaling up Farmer Managed Natural Regeneration (FMNR) – a simple solution capable of regenerating land and lives, all by harnessing a universe of underground roots. Along with World Vision’s (WV) plans to expand its FMNR spread via community-based programming, we also want to mobilise and empower project participants, partners, and the global community to adopt and spread FMNR through their own efforts.
This role exists to lead and support the implementation of World Vision’s programme strategy and operations workstream to scale up FMNR.
Join the World Vision team and help the planet fight back and improve the lives of millions of children.
Watch this short video below to see the generational change you can be part of.
This is a 12 Month Parental Leave role.
Your areas of responsibility:
Supports development and iteration of National FMNR Scaling Strategies for priority countries
- Oversees and supports the development and implementation of Annual Implementation Plans to operationalise National FMNR Scaling Strategies in priority countries
- Co-ordinates and mentors National FMNR Scaling Leads in priority countries
- Develops best practice programming guidance to inform the design and implementation of FMNR scaling projects
- Builds capacity of key internal and external stakeholders on World Vision’s FMNR scaling approach and best practice programming guidance
- Technically supports the design, stand-up and implementation of FMNR scaling projects as required
- Manages the FMNR Programme Designer
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for someone with excellent communication and relationship management skills. You will have experience leading and working with cross-functional and cross-cultural teams to deliver on shared outcomes.
You will have:
- Experience working in the international development sector, preferably for a medium to large organisation
- Experience in strategy, business development, project management, and technical leadership/support
- Experience managing and mentoring people (desirable)
- Self-managed work experience, with ability to maintain focus and achieve outcomes under pressure
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (i.e., international development, natural resource management, environmental science, public health, business, economics etc.)
Working for World Vision means you are making the world better:
It’s not every day that a job comes along that lets you change the world. Working for World Vision means looking forward to turning up at work because you know you’re about to do something meaningful. It means working with 35,000 staff and 3.3 million supporters in 100 countries who will stop at nothing to help children live better lives. Join a team that is bold and courageous, and where job satisfaction goes beyond financial reward.
The selection process:
For your information, the interviews will start immediately, and the role may be filled before the closing date.
We embrace diversity, employing people from a variety of cultural and religious backgrounds. We take our Safeguarding responsibilities seriously and we are committed to providing an environment that is safe for children. Our stringent recruitment procedures make sure the safest and most suitable people work with the children in our programs. All successful candidates will undergo all required pre-employment checks which is inclusive of a criminal record check. We provide our staff and volunteers with ongoing supervision, support, and training in their work with vulnerable children and their families. World Vision Australia participates in the Inter-Agency Scheme for the Disclosure of Safeguarding-related Misconduct in Recruitment Process within the Humanitarian and Development Sector.
Who we are:
World Vision is a Christian organisation that empowers everyday Australians to create meaningful change for children through relief, development and advocacy work.
We offer great benefits such as salary packaging, flexible working arrangements, free on-site parking and an onsite café for our employees.
For more information on World Vision and the work we do, please visit our website: https://www.worldvision.com.au/about-us