- Do you want to do work that really matters? Help us end avoidable blindness
- Full time permanent role, based in Sydney (Other locations may be considered) (Flexible work from home arrangements available)
- Closing Date: Sunday the 26th of February 2023
ABOUT THE FRED HOLLOWS FOUNDATION
The Foundation is an international development organisation working to prevent blindness and restore sight. We continue to carry on the legacy of Professor Fred Hollows, who believed every person had the right to quality eye care, no matter where they live. The Foundation has grown to work in more than 25 countries throughout Africa, South Asia, Southeast Asia, the Middle East and the Pacific, as well as Australia. The Foundation has restored sight to more than 3 million people worldwide. We have an ambitious five-year strategic plan that aims to take us even closer to realising our vision of a world in which no person is needlessly blind, or vision impaired and Indigenous Australians exercise their right to sight and good health.
The Foundation is also proud to announce that we were awarded the Employer of Choice Award (Public Sector and NFP) at the 2022 Australian HR Awards.
You will be an experienced data analyst, ideally with NFP or marketing experience. You will possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, coupled with a proven ability to effectively influence stakeholders and colleagues at various levels of seniority. You will have a willingness to coach / mentor others in understanding data literacy and growing technical skills in the analytics space. Further, you will have excellent project management, presentation, organisation, and time management skills. You will have the ability to work well autonomously on projects and show initiative to identify areas for improvement or process optimisation.
The Reporting and Insights Analyst is responsible for providing data analytics, reporting and insights support across Public Affairs, with a focus on fundraising and donor engagement, to support the team in data driven decision making and aligning to The Foundation’s strategic framework. The Foundation is investing in data and analytics, and you will be apart of an exciting journey of putting the donor at the centre of our communications.
- Build and maintain existing Power BI reports and dashboards.
- Use digital/web and CRM data to draw insights and create post campaign reports and presentations.
- Use storytelling to translate data and user activity into meaningful data insights.
- Assist to build data literacy and analytics capability across Public Affairs through skill sharing, training and collaboration.
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis tasks and complex data requests to support donor-centric journeys and strategy.
- Collaborate and manage relationships of external suppliers for data analytics projects.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED
- Experience maintaining or creating visualisation reports in Power BI (preferred) or another visualisation tool.
- Experience in writing efficient and complex SQL queries, writing stored procedures, views etc (t-SQL).
- At least three years’ experience uncovering and communicating insights through quantitative analysis with a marketing or fundraising focus.
- Understanding of R / Python or willingness to learn.
- Understanding of digital data and analytics concepts and terminology or willingness to learn.
- Experience working in an agile practice.
- Experience using Excel for data analysis or modelling.
- Experience using or supporting teams using digital analytics tools such as GA4 and BigQuery.
- Experience working with cloud data environments such as Azure.
- Knowledge of marketing and fundraising and/or experience working within a Not-For-Profit organisation
HOW WE RECOGNISE YOUR CONTRIBUTION
Through our internal programs and employee benefits we aim to create an environment where you will feel supported and empowered. Whether your focus is on continuous learning, professional development or finding an environment which enables you to thrive while balancing family or personal commitments, we have a range of programs in place to support you. Including:
- Generous salary packaging – we provide access to not-for-profit salary packaging options, which will increase your take home pay, we also offer 17.5% annual leave loading
- Flexible work environment – we focus on output, not hours and enable you to prioritise your health and wellbeing
- Generous leave allowances – we offer Paid parental leave; 5 days bonus leave every year; an annual Foundation-wide “Me Day”; and time off for culturally significant/ceremonial leave
- Ongoing commitment to your continuous learning and career development – through tailored leadership and professional development programs, access to Linkedin Learning and focused development conversations.
To find out more about our benefits click here
Please apply directly via the “Apply” Button. Should you have any questions regarding the opportunity please reach out to our Talent Acquisition Specialist, at [email protected] for a confidential conversation. Kindly note that CVs will not be considered through this email address.
Closing Date: Sunday the 26th of February 2023
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this position.
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to protecting the rights of children and community partners in all areas where we work. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child safe environment. The Foundation is also committed to protecting the health of our beneficiaries, donors and partners and require incumbents of this role to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (except where medical conditions may make vaccination harmful to their health).
Please note: We will not be accepting CV’s via agencies for this role.