– Work with a team dedicated to supporting women around the globe to save lives, defeat poverty and achieve social justice
– Flexible working environment, based in Melbourne or within Australia
– Fixed term, Full time (2 years)
CARE Australia works to defeat global poverty by supporting women to create lasting change in their communities around the world.
About the role
The Partnership Senior Manager is the thematic specialist on partnership for CARE Australia and works in collaboration with other partnership specialists in country offices and Pacific Partnerships Team. The Senior Manager holds responsibility for the Partnership Policy and its implementation. The Senior Manager is supported by and manages a Partnership Coordinator.
The role leads the review, adaptation and development of CAREs Partnership system and approach within CARE’s 2022-2027 ANCP Program ‘Pacific Partnerships for Gender Equality’. Integral to successful fulfilment of the role is leadership of the design and implementation of a Partnership system and approach for CARE Australia that delivers on commitments towards localisation and strategies aiming for equitable partnerships in locally led programming.
The role is the focal point for the Program level aspects of ANCP program delivery in relation to partnership, learning and advocacy/influence activities that work with partners. The Senior Manager works in collaboration with other members of Capability and Impact Unit to support partners, partnerships and CARE Country Offices. It will support and engage with the Pacific Partnerships Unit and the CARE Vanuatu office in development of and improving partnership approaches and systems. The role will ensure that Partnership models and approaches meet relevant policy, risk and compliance and minimum program standards. The development of the approach will include developing a framework for CARE’s model of mutual capability strengthening with partners.
The Senior Manager will engage in key learning and research initiatives within the ANCP Program and lead relevant pieces related to partnership. The Senior Manager is responsible for pursuing innovation, impact and influence opportunities. The position will support implementation and evaluation and build CARE’s credibility and profile in Partnership and Localisation communities within CARE international and globally.
Key responsibilities (please refer to the Position Description for more information)
– Build a strategic approach to partnership and capability strengthening
– Support delivering of ANCP program partnership strategies and objectives
– ANCP Program Management
– Support CARE Australia and CARE International in learning and changing in its partnership approaches
International Programs and Operations staff ensure all programs include appropriate CP/PSHEA risk management and mitigations to ensure the safety of program participants and communities. All IPO Team members play a critical role in regularly monitoring, reviewing and reporting on safeguarding concerns at Partner and Project level.
Ideally you will have:
– Practical experience combined with subject matter expertise – equitable partnership, transformative feminist partnerships, decolonial and locally led approaches – you are well versed in and have a demonstrated track record in building partnerships that live these values. You are passionate about pushing the boundaries for the most transformational relationships to deliver impact.
– Demonstrated track record in building partnership-based strategies and programs in an international context with local organisations – you build from evidence, you know what it means to put partnership approaches at the centre and how to live your values in cross cultural relationships.
– Experience in developing and improving organisational systems in complex organisations – you understand how small changes result in big impacts in felt impacts in partnership and how to balance risk, compliance and financial management with relational aspirations
– Demonstrated experience of working collaboratively, in managing others and working in diverse teams
– Exceptional cross-cultural skills and experience with intersectional feminist approaches, localised approaches and sensitivity to power and privilege in its different forms.
– Ideally, experience with humanitarian and development programming
– Personal experience of the contexts we work in and/or the forms of injustice we seek to address would be an advantage.
– A commitment to the protection of children and the prevention of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse.
What we can offer you:
– Base salary up to $112,052 (may be flexibility for applicants with considerable experience) plus 10.5% superannuation
– A chance to improve the world, advance gender equality through your work and be the change you want to see
– A flexible and supportive working environment including working from home options to support excellent work-life balance
– Generous salary packaging benefits (up to $15,899 tax free) – for more information, visit https://www.salary.com.au/
– 17.5% leave loading
– Professional development and training opportunities
Terms and conditions for Australian-based staff:
CARE Australia will seek information from job applicants’ previous employers about incidents of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment, and/or child abuse the applicant may have been found guilty to have committed or about which an investigation was in the process of being carried out at the time of the termination of the applicant’s employment with that employer. By submitting the application, the job applicant confirms that s/he has no objection to CARE Australia requesting the information specified above.
CARE Australia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from people living with a disability and/or have lived experience of disability. We also encourage Pacific Islander people, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to apply:
Please review the Position Description and Candidate Information Pack available on our website and complete the online application form by clicking ‘Apply Now’ via the portal on our website. Please ensure you attach your CV and cover letter addressing the selection criteria (max 2 pages). After submitting your application you will receive an automatic confirmation of receipt.
This will be conducted as a rolling recruitment process, with shortlisting and interviews being completed as applications are received. Please submit your application ASAP if you are interested in the role. More information can be found at careaustralia.connxcareers.com/Job/ViewJobs
Questions about the role?
Please contact Suzi Chinnery on [email protected] using the subject line “Senior Manager, Equitable Partnership Enquiry”. Please do not email applications to this address.
Applications Close: 11:59 pm AEST, Friday 21 July 2023