To drive the quality, impact and financial sustainability of the learning and research programs.
Since our inception in Australia, EWB set out to plant the seed of a systemic shift in the engineering sector to ensure greater diversity and importantly prepare engineers with the breadth of skills to tackle the challenges faced by people and the planet, through education and establishing an important community of peers. It was an ambitious aim, but now 20 years on, EWB has been deeply engaged with universities across the country and in the region. Our flagship program, the EWB Challenge, engages over 10,000 first year engineering students every year.
In recent years we have expanded our university offerings to deepen learning outcomes as students’ progress through their degree and have included strategic research at the capstone and PhD levels. Additionally, we have been increasingly asked by the engineering industry to support their cultural shift, as they set their course for the rapid transition to decarbonisation and increasing need for a diverse workforce responsive to user needs.
This role will manage the EWB Challenge series, Training Programs, and other education programs and will support the research and learning program, building synergy so that our learning and engineering programs are a closed loop, driving effectiveness, evidence and impact.
Our education and training programs are fee-for-service offerings, with the potential to drive revenue, not only increasing influence but also surplus back into the organisation to fund our engineering work..
EWB’s learning programs are continually evolving to grow with and respond to the Australian engineering education sector. A strong link with universities is required to ensure EWB’s education programs continue to be relevant, accessible, and of unique value
- Bring your passion for transformational learning to support the development and delivery our suite of strategic learning programs to support sector shift.
- Support the operational delivery of Learning Programs to deliver meaningful outcomes for all stakeholders within budget and program timelines
- Strengthen and grow strategic relationships with our university partners and other relevant stakeholders.
- Build a strong team that works well together and across the organisation to achieve excellent results.
- Establish a strategic direction for university programs to support EWB’s Impact Framework & strategic priorities with targeted research
- Lead the management, tracking and reporting of the Learning Program team’s annual plans, program plans and budgets.
- Drive continuous improvement of Learning Programs via establishing and leading a robust monitoring, evaluation and learning system