LIVE & LEARN ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION
BUILD RESILIENCE IN VULNERABLE COMMUNITIES
Join our project management team based at our network office and help support food production, well-being, and the resilience of vulnerable communities across the Pacific Islands and beyond. As Technical Advisor, you will oversee and provide quality technical advice for food programs in our Atoll Food Futures and Climate Resilient Islands programs.
WHO WE ARE
Live & Learn’s Network operates in 11 countries in the Pacific and Asia, working passionately towards an equitable and sustainable world. Each Live & Learn office is autonomous, and the network is bound by a commitment to community development activities on food security, nature-based solutions to climate change, and the safeguarding of water resources. Our approach is collaborative, working to support government strategies whilst meeting community needs. We are a localized, collaborative and courageous organization working with many stakeholders. We try to balance compliance needs with flexibility for quick, innovative responses.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage in-country and regional activities that support community resilience and minimize issues that negatively affect stakeholders and program delivery.
• Engage stakeholders and donors in constructive dialogue.
• Provide technical advice in a range of areas, including sustainable land management, agricultural extension, nutrition-sensitive agriculture, value chains and gender and disability inclusion.
• Work with programs teams and provide technical expertise for monitoring and evaluation and reporting.
• Oversee the application of the organisation’s policies on compliance across food systems projects.
You are passionate about community development and sustainable food systems. You are able to plan and monitor tasks at project levels, while coordinating remotely with teams and maintaining a clear focus on outcomes. You apply your technical skills in fluid, challenging environments. You work to high professional standards and are a willing, inclusive and respectful team player.
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS AND KNOWLEDGE
You have a tertiary qualification in a relevant area. You understand:
• principles of sound development practice, including sustainable and community development
• food systems frameworks, approaches and application in a development context, including expertise in at least three of the following areas: home garden production, short supply and value chains, nutrition sensitive agriculture, gender in agriculture and agriculture extension.
• evaluation policies, processes and best practice as it applies to international development
• the cultural context of the Pacific, including gender, human rights and environmental issues and their application in developing countries.
• the design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation systems using CAPI (Computer Assisted Personal Interviewing).
We will collect and review applications. Five applicants meeting the selection criteria will be invited for a round of interviews.
The position is full-time, with flexible work practice available, on a 2-year contract with the potential of further work after the end of the contract on other projects as funding allows. The role requires a police check and Working with Children check, as well as a COVID-19 vaccination. Willingness to travel periodically to South Pacific countries is also necessary.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Live & Learn Environmental Education is composed of a team of diverse and experienced individuals spread along the Pacific and Asia regions. Our team keeps on growing providing a wide range of relevant expertise from project management, water sanitation and hygiene, climate change, food security, gender, and communications. We enjoy flexible work hours and support home-based working based on capacity. We do travel often to provide support to the project and to our country office where we work. We have an attractive remuneration package including a salary package scheme for the staff. Team Members receive a rewarding career in the International Development sector working with experienced colleagues across the industry. Live & Learn also supports Team Members’ trainings and personal development.
To Apply for the Position please visit the site below: