Members vote at the Annual General Meeting. Photo: ACFID
ACFID is composed of a membership of Australian not-for-profit organisations that work in the field of international aid and development. This membership is also known as the ACFID Council (the Council).
The Council holds an Annual General Meeting (AGM) at least once in every financial year.
The purpose of the AGM is to:
- Review ACFID’s operations, including to receive and consider the profit and loss account, the balance sheet, the report of the Auditor and the report of the Board
- Receive and consider the report from the Code of Conduct Committee
- Set policy-making guidelines, and formulate fundamental policy principles and objectives
- Encourage active participation of all members
- Elect Board members and office-bearers of ACFID in place of those retiring
- Approve and ratify the admission of new members
- Address such other matters as the Council determines from time to time.
If you would like to see the minutes of the most recent ACFID AGM, please contact us to request them.
The powers of ACFID Council, the Board and the Code of Conduct Committee are set out in the ACFID Constitution, which is also called the Rules and Objects of ACFID.
Changes to the ACFID Constitution can only be made through a vote by the membership, which takes place at the ACFID Annual General Meeting.
DOWNLOAD THE ACFID CONSTITUTION HERE
During the ACFID Council’s 2022 AGM, one resolution was passed. This can be viewed and downloaded here:
Resolution on Decolonisation, Anti-Racism and Locally Led Action
During the ACFID Council’s 2021 AGM several resolutions were passed. They can be viewed and downloaded here:
Resolution on the urgent need to repatriate Australian children and women from detention camps in North East Syria
Resolution on Climate Action
During the ACFID Council’s 2020 AGM several resolutions were passed. They can be viewed and downloaded here:
Resolution on Race, Diversity and Australian INGOs
Resolution on Children and Australian Aid
Resolution on COVID-19 and System Change
Read other key resolutions here.