- A world where all people are free from extreme poverty, injustice and inequality
- A world where the earth’s finite resources are managed sustainably
- A compassionate Australia acting for a just and sustainable world.
ACFID’s vision will only be realised through the collective efforts of civil society actors, governments, businesses and people concerned for our common humanity.
We lead and unite our members in action for a just, equitable and sustainable world.
Founded in 1965, ACFID has over 130 members working in 90 developing countries and supported by over 1.5 million Australians. With our members and partners, ACFID seeks to be an influential policy voice, a catalyst for change and a standard bearer for good practice in the international development and humanitarian world.
Member organisations bring experience, knowledge and legitimacy that are essential for ACFID’s success. Members shape and help carry forward our agenda. This investment in ACFID brings members many positive returns:
- Influence – having a stronger political voice and greater potential to shape policy
- Being part of a network – having relationships for sharing knowledge, learning and jointly tackling the hard challenges
- Unity – being part of a movement for change to improve people’s lives around the world
- Quality and Effectiveness – being signatories to the standards of the ACFID Code of Conduct including a public complaints process.
For more information on who we are, visit: